Thursday, May 22, 2008

They Wait Their Turn To Speak

A friend of a friend has tattoo that reads: They Wait Their Turn To Speak. I'm not so sure who "they" are, except to say that "they" is me.

I want to be someone who really listens. I want to be someone who really cares. I want to be someone who really loves their neighbor as they love themselves.

But it seems like most times I don't listen so much as wait to speak. I've already moved past the point that the person is making and onto the one I'm about to make.

What about you? Do you listen or just wait your turn to speak?

1 comment:

Quell said...

I'd love to look good and say a lot of times I listen, because it's true, but that's really only because I never know what to say.

When it's something I'm excited about, or have a lot to say about, I'm definitely one of those just waiting to jump in.

It's a common human trait, and really, it's not so bad; a misdemeanor more than a felony; but, I wonder how many conversations are never really heard?