Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Great Friends and Great Discoveries

I've been meaning to have an entry that took a lighter note, given that an eclectic mix of topics is more indicative of our Tuesday gatherings. Given that today marks the release of Elvis Costello's newest album, I thought this was as good a time as any.

Oftentimes we make great discoveries our own. I'm big into music, so most of the new stuff I come across is because I stumbled across it myself, but I also depend on friends to point out someone I might have missed.

Somehow I made it a good ways into my life without having given Elvis Costello a close look. That is, until Mark Love made me a mix that changed my musical life. Now EC makes the list of my top 5 singer/songwriters ever. 

So, here's today's topic: share a movie/music/book/etc. favorite that you didn't discover on your own and who shared it with you.

No comments: