Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Fine

My first day back to work since the miscarriage. It was rough, but good to be among friends that feel like family.

The hardest part was having to answer the question, "how are you?" With co-workers, I can be honest, and it was a blessing to be able to be. But, with customers, there's no appropriate way to be honest, so I just ended up saying, "I'm fine, and you?" Usually, this is an honest and heartfelt response, but today it felt empty and dull. It wore me out to have to keep it up. But how do you tell a stranger who's barely listening for a response that it's been a really rough week?

So, for those of you who read this blog, give someone a gift this week; ask them how they're doing and listen long enough and attentively enough to find out the answer. You have no idea how much it means.

Thanks to all of those at work for asking attentively. I'm blessed to have you in my life.

No comments: