Monday, March 17, 2008

Hospice

I think Hospice is a great name for a church plant. If we hadn't grown into the name Immanuel in such a meaningful way, I might use it myself.

The dictionary defines hospice this way: a lodging for travelers, pilgrims, foundlings, or the underprivileged, especially when maintained by a religious order; a program designed to provide a caring environment for meeting the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those who are ill.

Just a few Jesus quotes:

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoner and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed and proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

1 comment:

Shane Alexander said...

I don't know of any churches named Hospice, but there are more than on it.