Sunday, October 26, 2008

The ACU Difference


Went back to my alma mater (ACU) for a 10 year reunion this weekend. I have mixed feelings about my alma mater, but not about the people I went to school with and spent time with over the past two days. One of said friends, commenting on "the ACU difference" that is spoken of in all the school's print material, put it best: "You know, much as I hate to admit it, I look around at these people and think 'there really is an ACU difference.'"

He's right. I'll probably always have mixed feelings about my ACU experience, but never about my ACU friends.

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Well said. Exceeded all my expectations and reminded me that my good memories were based on good people.

capnwatsisname said...

Did you see the Optimist endorsed Obama? I thought that was different.

http://tinyurl.com/5a3nt7

Rebecca said...

Found your blog through Joe's and have been reading it. You and Rachel were part of my ACU difference. It is the people that you meet while you are there and the shared experiences that last a lifetime. Interconnected or years apart- those lingering memories may fade some, but the emotions that well up when you come back into contact with those that you cared about are still full and make you long for more time to sit a while and chat. It was so good to get to see you guys. Keep in touch!