Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When He's Right, He's Right

I may not often like what Bill Maher has to say (or, more often, how he chooses to say it), but when he's right, he's right.

"Let's be honest. [My] generation doesn't do real sacrifice or even pay for our own wars...that's what grandkids are for. No, we do flag pins and bumper stickers -and not even bumper stickers, bumper magnets, because stickers are tough to get off and we might change our mind about never forgetting." -Bill Maher

Not that the same couldn't be said for my generation. Or for myself. Too often, we bicker over symbols and lose the substance. Not that symbols don't have meaning. They just aren't worth sacrificing that meaning for.

1 comment:

preacherman said...

I think you are right brother.
Good post!

I want to ask you to say special prayer request for me. You can learn more about my needs on my blog. I read your blog every morning.
In Him,
Kinney Mabry
I hope you have a blessed week.