Saturday, June 23, 2007

Reading More Than Listening To

Reading...

The Forgotten Ways by Alan Hirsch. Hirsch seeks to remind us of some vital, ancient truths about what it means to be a follower of Jesus. Greatness.

Reservation Blues by Sherman Alexie. I've never read Alexie before, but I will be reading more. He is excellent. A less stream of consciousness but equally funny and winsome Tom Robbins.

Vows by Peter Manseau. The true story of a priest, a nun, and their son as told by their son, Peter. Heartbreaking and moving.

History of Love by Nicole Krauss. This is a haunting, mysterious, and enchanting book that spans over 60 years and three different narrarative voices. Excellent.

By the way, if you are looking for more about what I am currently reading and have enjoyed reading in the past, check out the Kester's GoodReads link on the left side of this page.


Listening to...

nothing new. I've been listening to a lot of Elliott Smith lately, and remembering what a genius that guy was.

Oh, and I'm really digging the new White Stripes. Greatness.

2 comments:

happytheman said...

Yes Elliot Smith hmmm. I've got to get down there and worship with you all.

Luke said...

I know this is an old post, but I figured a comment was better as a first communique than an outright email. :) What did you think of Hirsch's book? And have you read any of his work with Michael Frost?