Sunday, May 27, 2007

WWJK?

I have struggled for years with my stance on pacifism and whether it was practical or even Biblical, but I keep coming back to the fact that Jesus and his followers have plenty of reason to kill those who are out to kill them, and don't. Derek Webb (as he so often does) puts my thoughts into words better than I have been able to, on a track from his newest album that makes a case for pacifism. The final line says it all:

this may not work and I don’t guarantee that it will
but I’ve got no choice unless you tell me who Jesus would kill


Yeah. What he said.

1 comment:

amber lainey said...

a bit random comment, but in regards to your question-- i really love working with mixed media.

ie. mixing text, paint, found objects, ink, and photos from magazines into a congruent piece.

the reflection on the blog is just such a pieace. a conglomeration of paint, text, ink & torn out pages.

yes, yes, you'd be more then able to put the piece up-- it's actually a really small piece [about a half sheet of paper] but i have other works as well...