Friday, July 30, 2004

For My Wife, On the Eve of Our 6th Wedding Anniversary

How Sweet The Sound



They sang Amazing Grace

The day that she was born

With eyes as green as clovers and hair like silk of corn

Her parents must have wondered then,

But God could surely see

That she would be the blessing that she is to me



They sang Amazing Grace

The day that she was saved

An old soul given new life

An old life in its grave

Her family was to thank for the faith which she was from

But only God could know the blessing she’d become



They sang Amazing Grace

They day that we first met

I’d known my share of friendly girls

But had not known love yet

It didn’t take me long to see the grace that was inside

And only slightly longer to know that she would be my bride



They sang Amazing Grace

The day that we were wed

She vowed to share my life with me,

My faith, my fun, my bed

She became my mate and lover, my partner and my friend

And promised that our days together would not reach an end



I sing Amazing Grace

That saved a wretch like me

I give thanks for the Savior’s love and know it’s all I need

And so I stand in wonder that He’d also give me her

To make the people we’d become better than the ones we were



I see it in her service and I see it in her smile

I hear it in her voice, all goodness and no guile

I’ll thank the Lord in heaven ‘til He puts me in the ground

And every time I hear Him speak through her I’ll think “how sweet the sound”

2 comments:

SG said...

That is just wonderful! What a loving tribute!

Clarissa said...

Beautiful. It's admirable that you would take the time to write something like this for your wife -- I'm sure she was blessed by it.